Thursday, September 4, 2008

First - revisited

So having said that I will be starting a new blog, I felt like I should do just that.

My husband and I just ran away. We left Maryland and decided to begin a life of our own. Of course we didn't truly run away, but some times it feels like it. Having only moved with my parents, or to a place I was already familiar with, moving so far is incredibly strange. It is very exciting to explore a new city, and I am thrilled with all the options and opportunities there are (even if I don't have anyone to attend the Ballet or Opera with me yet...) At times I feel deeply sad for leaving what was my home. I didn't realize until I'd left that it was, but I suppose that is the way life is at times. Moving has certainly made me reflect a lot. I've realized that one simple choice made differently would have completely changed where I am at this point. That thought is scary. How can one be sure the correct choice is made? I suppose you can't. I am fairly certain I am where I should be, and trying not to have regrets about anything, although that is a far more difficult task than the glittering lights of hollywood make it out to be.
I've more been thinking about the people in my life that I have left behind. The ones who I'm not in contact with now. I'm sure the last time we spoke I didn't think that that could be it. It really couldn't have been. I'll only go back to Maryland to visit people I already know and love... I doubt I'll be rekindling any old friendships at this point. In some cases it makes me feel like I'm losing someone, in others just a bewildered sense of mis-connection. Some people meant so much to me, and still do. Some of these people shaped me, on the inside. And here we are, not speaking, just existing as though the other was never truly important. And this makes me feel more like an adult. I need to relinquish the childish thoughts that everyone good remains in your life. It is disheartening to think of -- this whole piece of my life only exists inside of myself. And should the other person deem me so important, it may exist in them as well.

1 comment:

martha said...

i love you and i'm very glad that you have made my stalking of you, I mean, keeping up with you, yeah, that's it...more convenient.

call me sometime if you ever want to chat.

and also, the thing about people shaping you and then not speaking to them anymore. i get that. and i think even if the other person doesn't think of you anymore, you've still shaped them whether they realize it or not.

*hugs*