Saturday, September 6, 2008

Second

Religion has always been something of great interest to me. At present, I would not consider myself religious in any particular way. It seems difficult for me to find something that I truly believe in. For me, Christianity is definitely out. I stuck with that for a while, and my mind set is just too liberal for it. Not to mention there are just some aspects I find wholly unbelievable. I'm sure that there is no "perfect" religion -- something will always be questioned. I think part of the problem is many religions are based on ideas from thousands of years ago. We are not the same species we were then. Many people will argue that point -- but this is how I feel. Religious texts are sometimes taken much too literally. I feel that the texts themselves teach lessons that may be important, but how relevant is the content, the stipulations now? I am certain I believe in God in some form. I use the name God, because it is what I am most familiar with -- Should I find something agreeable where the deity is referred to by another name, it certainly would not bother me. I guess all this is coming from a desire to find something. Is it possible that no one religion or philosophy will satisfy me? Highly. Will I continue to look? Definitely.

Okay, after all that seriousness:
Adam and I are going out to dinner tonight with a couple we met at the dog park! I am very excited. We have already made friends with another couple, and so I really feel good that we will meet people with similar interests! Making friends was one of the things that I was really concerned about when moving, but I have absolutely no worries now. I met K a couple weeks ago, we have really hit it off! I look forward to getting to know her better and spend more time with her; we really seem to have a lot in common. Dinner tonight should be fun, too! M and C have also just recently moved to the area, and know no one. They have a cute dauchsaund/boston terrier mix that Simon ran away from:)

No comments: