Tuesday, December 9, 2008

After I have Dreamed -- for real!

I am quite used to weird dreams. It is kind of what I do. I've had nightmares since I was about 12 years old, and they have always woken me up, and made it difficult to actually sleep -- I've even had the occasion where I know I'm in a dream, but I get "stuck". Willing myself to wake up from the terrors in my mind, I am unable to do so. Last night was a new experience for me. Through some series of events in my nightmare, I was shot in my right leg. After being shot I woke up to find my WHOLE LEG IN PAIN. My calf was all cramped up, and it took a bit of stretching to get myself comfortable enough to finally go back to sleep. So my question is this: Was my leg in pain because of the dream, or did I dream that because I was already in pain? It was very weird. The only time I've had physical manifestation from my dreams is maybe waking up crying or something to that effect. It just makes me wonder really about the power of the mind.

1 comment:

Kris said...

that is very odd. maybe adam kicked you in the leg. how rude!