Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Missing Piece




Ok -- If you have 6 1/2 minutes -- please watch this. Now, I have always loved children's books. I think that some are written to be simple enough for children to grasp, but with a message so big it makes your eyes well up. The Missing Piece meet The Big O is probably close to the top of my list when it comes to life-lesson kids books -- and I found this online yesterday, and it made me cry. Now, I don't expect for it to make everyone cry, but I do expect that it will remind you of certain, simple life facts that may be overlooked in the everyday bustle. Ok, I'm going to stop writing, so you can start watching.


Also, <3 Shel Silverstein. Like whoa.

2 comments:

Kate said...

I don't know why I leave you comments since you never read them, but!: I also <3 Shel Silverstein. And the missing piece was always one of my favorites, though it's meaning for me has evolved alongside me. I think I'm at "lift, pull, plop" (at least in the area important to me right now), where are you? Do you know?

CEG said...

I do read them! Sometimes I just don't remember :-p

I'm still trying to figure out where I am... but I think it's approaching the lift, pull, plop stage. I may be in that stage for quick some time...