Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Woof.


Oh, the dog. Woman's best friend, or something like that.
As much as I love my smushy faced little boy, I rarely ever talk about him... he just a part of my daily routine -- from the morning kisses when the alarm goes off (these kisses mean 'mommy, food?'), to the joyful bouncing when I arrive home after a long day (these bounces mean 'mommy, food?') he always makes my day better... even when he knocks over a large cup of red juice all over my white rug. He is my constant snuggle bug, activity partner, and receiver of the ever-popular belly rubs.
I am bringing him up today because I think he deserves it. Now, I know that might seem crazy... and I probably seem like a lunatic for blogging about my dog... but he is one of the very best things in my whole life. Those who have dogs will (hopefully) understand what I mean. While I think cats are nice, there is nothing comparable to the love of a dog and, despite what those cat people saying about not having to work for affection from dogs, I work very hard so that Simon is happy, healthy, and safe. He is a constant companion who never complains when I am grumpy, but instead offers his little puggy-kisses as a reminder that he is there to love me.

"My little dog -- a heartbeat at my feet." ~ Edith Wharton

1 comment:

Kate the Great said...

I would like to say that my cats are uber-affectionate and I get morning and nighttime kisses and rubs (more annoying are the middle-of-the-night "mommy, pet and love me BACK!" kises and rubs). Ruby is constantly grooming me and if I sit still for ten minutes, I have a Fang in my lap. They, too, make my days lighter, happier and more full of love. As much as I made fun of you for over-loving Simon and treating him as if he was your only child, now I do the same thing with my little babies! :D My just desserts. Give Simon a smooch from me and the kitties. And I'll never admit how really cute I think he is.