Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Curves Ahead.



Body image is something I've talked about a couple times here -- because being a woman in my mid-twenties (yikes!) it is something that is at the forefront of all my pop culture obsessions (if you hadn't noticed I am, in fact, obsessed). A few months ago I had conceded that I was no longer the stick thin girl I was in high school. But it's finally dawned on me that I have Curves. Now, they aren't huge or anything -- I'm no Dita Von Teese -- but, now that I have accepted this fact, I have been able to find clothes that fit better, and that flatter me much more than trying to wear things that make me look like a stick. I consider this a big step. I've always had shaky self confidence, for various reasons that could be quite psychologically probed, and the fact that I am able to feel great about how I look is very comforting. I also chopped all my hair off. I'd been growing it out, partly for the wedding I was in in May, but I considered letting it grow because it's just prettier and more feminine that way. But, you know what? Fuck that. I love having short hair. It makes me feel good, it's easy and I feel like myself. I guess when it comes down to it -- the only person I need to make happy is me, and the other people who still love me after that are the ones I should feel lucky to have in my life.

No comments: