Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Calm.


Ok, so, I'd typed out this long whiny entry, and the decided to delete it. I'm going to attempt to keep the "positive energy" going, and say how thankful I am for the things I have in my life. While I may at times get frustrated, hurt or sad, I love my family, my friends, and my puppies. I am lucky enough to live in a nice place, with running water, electricity, internet and cable tv. I have no idea what real hunger feels like. I am educated, informed and have many opportunities, I only have to have the courage to follow through with them. While I have had some terrible things happen to me and those I love in my life time, I have always had the support and love of others to get me through those times. It is very easy to take for granted these beautiful things that we all have, and I am trying to realize this. I am trying to better myself in many ways at the moment - and this is a journey I am just beginning. The journey of self-satisfaction and self-worth. A desire for a sometimes more simple way of life and happiness. A higher understanding of my place in the big, big world, and an acceptance that things will happen as they will, and aside from trying my hardest at whatever my endeavour, there is not much else I can do.

1 comment:

Janie said...

Amen. I like to see it as self-satisfation and self-worth in God's eyes. Makes me feel even more special. :) We are blessed!