Thursday, May 7, 2009

100 Acres


I'm having an Eeyore kind of month, so I thought I'd pay tribute to my favorite Winnie-the-Pooh character by dedicating this blog to him. First, you can find out his basic information at his wikipedia page -- what a helpful little site, that wikipedia. And now, you may bask in the glow of some of my favorite Eeyore-isms:

It's not much of a tail, but I'm sort of attached to it.

If it is a good morning, which I doubt.
(after everyone else has said 'good morning')

End of the road... nothing to do... and no hope of things getting better. Sounds like Saturday night at my house

Thanks for noticing me.

If you ask me, when a house looks like that, it's time to find another one.

And to close out, a lovely little excerpt that I think embodies why I love Eeyore:

The old gray donkey, Eeyore stood by himself in a thistly corner of the Forest, his front feet well apart, his head on one side, and thought about things.

Sometimes he thought sadly to himself, "Why?" and sometimes he thought, "Wherefore?" and sometimes he thought, "Inasmuch as which?" and sometimes he didn't quite know what he was thinking about.

Also, after reading the "Tao of Pooh" I'd certainly recommend any one with an interest in religion, Taoism, Pooh, or all 3 to read it. It's a quick, lovely, thoughtful book.

No comments: