Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Foxy Rant


Megan Fox.

Now, she is being called the new "Angelina Jolie", yes? She has the sultry look, the "curves" (I'm certain she's still a size 2), and the long cascading hair. Ok. I can get behind that. Except for the fact that she. is. an. idiot. Really. Hub subscribes to Esquire, so I knew that she was on the cover and had made some less than shiny remarks about the lovely Scarlett Johansson. Ok, fine, whatever. While they make her seem vapid and shallow, whatever.

However, she is now on my shit list. I understand that not everyone will agree with my rather liberal views on life. That is fine. I'm totally an "agree to disagree" type of person. However, Ms. Fox is a self-proclaimed bisexual who has now said that, despite her own bisexuality, she thinks bisexual women are dirty. Yes. I'm not making this up. I just don't understand the point of this hypocrisy and perpetuating the bi-phobic mindset of both the straight and gay cultures. (That is not an all inclusive statement, I'm just saying that people across the board have negative opinions of bisexuals).

Now, tell me, Ms. Fox -- who do you expect to date you. I understand you're in a relationship with a man, and that is totally fine. But since you YOURSELF are bisexual, how could you now date a woman? Doesn't that go against your own standards? I just don't understand.

Personally, I think this is mostly for the attention. I'm sure she's been "gaysted" a few times in her day, and I appreciate her willingness to share those experiences with the whole world. However, the fact that she is a self-discriminating hypocrit is slightly infuriating to me.

Ok. /rant.

1 comment:

Kate the Great said...

That bitch. She IS a gaysted and any person with a brain knows it. I hate the things she likes!