Sunday, May 17, 2009

Perks...


I actually haven't read this book in years but, like watching movies that make me cry, I'm drawn to this beautifully depressive book in an inexplicable way. It's fabulous in a slit-your-wrists kind of way, so even though I'd like to re-read it, I think I'll wait until May is over.

It seems to be one of the most honest modern books I've ever read -- perhaps it only seems so honest because I can relate. Either way, if you haven't read "the perks of being a wallflower" you should. Regardless of how it relates to your life. I think everyone could use the thoughtful depressant that is Stephen Chbosky occasionally.



So, I guess we are who we are for a lot of reasons. And maybe we'll never know most of them. But even if we don't have the power to choose where we come from, we can still choose where we go from there. We can still do things. And we can try to feel okay about them.

No comments: