Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Tweetle-eetle-eet


I would like to take a moment to discuss something pressing, that is affecting our everyday lives: Twitter. First is was blogging, then MySpace, then Facebook, and now Twitter has become the latest and greatest pandemic to sweep the nation.
Through the miracle of the "interwebs", which were so graciously bestowed on us by Mr. Gore, following the lives of the people you love (or, maybe, are obsessed with) has become more and more simple. Suzy's on vacation, but you don't know when she'll be back? Check her facebook. Can't remember when Julie's birthday is? MySpace will solve that problem easily enough. I actually think that there is no privacy or anonimity any more -- we all put all of our information out there, and those who would really want to locate us can do so.
I see Twitter as supremely perpetuating this "problem" (It's only a problem if you want it to be). Now, through this glorious program, I can pretend I'm friends with FAMOUS PEOPLE. Really. Liz Feldman? Clementine Ford? Ellen? Pink? Elisha Dushku? We're all totally buds. I'm ashamed to say that I've even tweeted at some of these people. Yes. Yes. I know I'm delusional. And I'm mostly sane. A bit pop culture obessed at times, perhaps, but generally sane. I'm not going to go off and stalk anyone - but this particular medium of "tweeting" is especially stalkerish. As if a few status updates a day on Facebook weren't enough, I may now view pictures of whereever you are (should you choose to post them) or read what ever random thought may run through your head.

Oy, oy people. What is going on? Any way, if you're on twitter and haven't added me... help me feed my addiction add me here!

No comments: