Thursday, February 5, 2009

Dreams?

Sleep has been elusive these last few weeks. With restless nights, and active days, this makes for one very exhausted blogger. My “dreams” (if they may be indeed be called that) have moved from their usual abstract terror into nightmares I simply can not make sense of. What is even more baffling is that in my dreams I am usually terrified, to the point that I will wake up with tears on my face, or physically lash out, and in these bizarre monkey-bone worthy nightmares I feel no actual fear. I don’t know what to make of this, or if there is anything to be made. The hubs wants me to go have a sleep study done, or something, but I’ve been to lots of doctors for the no sleeping thing, and they just called it PTSD (from Vietnam, you didn’t know I was a Vet? Ok, no disrespect to the people fighting for our country. I am no veteran, and never plan on being one). I’m sure it has to do with the less than savory events from my childhood, or the loss of my mother at an early age, or any number of the crappy things that I have been subjected/subjected myself to in the short years of my life. I’d just like to be able to do something about it that didn’t require me developing a dependency on drugs.

Ok, I was planning on elaborating more on this, but am feeling rather sad at the moment (just found out some very sad news), so I’ll finish later

No comments: