Sunday, February 8, 2009

Irish Car Bomb


This has been a spectacular weekend. It started out perfectly with my morning of solitude, and continued to bring a smile to my face right through this very moment. Aside from the sudden, much needed burst of spring in early February, I was surprised with an evening where I was able to be myself. No censoring, no pretending, just good ol' Carol -- ridiculous liberalness, drunkeness and hilarity ensue. It's been a while since I've been in situation where I've managed to make myself the center of attention, and I loved it. After having a mostly quiet dinner with friends, The Hub and I met up with a group of his friends from work, only one of whom I really know. Well, thanks to my inebriated state I was able to entertain a table of people for the evening without making an ass of myself. This is something I definetly used to do all the time. Whether it be at parties, at a dinner or even just a casual meeting I adore the feeling I get from making people laugh with me, and also being able to add a little bit of shock in there as well. I have fairly vanilla looks, and so one might assume I have the vanilla personality to go along with it. In fact, one of the girls last night proclaimed that she thought she would have to censor her language around me, because I looked like a rigid church goer. I proved her wrong, and it made a good time for all involved.

No comments: