Friday, March 20, 2009

Food, Food.

Apparently Big Sister visiting means I should be prepared for a weight gain.

After the corned beef dinner, she and I decided we were going to get a glass of wine at a Wine Shop that is nearby. We ended up also getting dessert. Wow. What a dessert it was... Flourless Chocolate Cake and Bag of Doughnuts (which only made me think of Joey Bagadoughnuts - Birbigs!). These delicacies, if they may be called, were paired with a lovely little dessert wine. After stuffing our faces and imbibing I felt exhausted and enormous, and so headed home for some sleep.

Today I met up with Big Sister for lunch -- at The Cheesecake Factory. If you have not had the fortune of dining in this fine establishment, you should go out of your way to do so. I am not usually a proponent of chains; may this be the exception to the rule. They have every type of food you could imagine, plus they have the 2nd best cheesecake I've ever had. (The 1st honor goes to Ms. Topper) After gorging my self on chowder and pizza, I managed to scarf down half a piece of banana cream cheesecake. Yea. Wow.

So basically, I feel like a fat ass, especially since I've been eating so well the last few months. I suppose a splurge every now and then is alright.

I would also like to say that I love my job -- I am currently sitting next to my Boss (who is also on her laptop) drinking a beer. At work. Seriously. She's drinking one too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love you! Ta daa...I actually read a blog, and it was yours...my very first one. Thank you kindly about the cheesecake reference. Myah and I ate at the Cheescake Factory as well, last weekend after the museum. INCREDIBLE avacado rolls. Yum.) I probably told you already, but oh well. The older I get, the more I repeat myself. The older I get, the more I repeat myself. Anyhoo...I am so glad you have Mimo and Bob and the boys and Becca (and now Jake!) to love. I KNEW they would love you, and I was right. At least if I cannot be with the Atlanta crew, you can be there for me.
Pryaing for Adam and his upcoming surgery. I love you, Lao Tung. XOX