Saturday, March 7, 2009

Just the start...


Last night was amazing! Hearing Maya Angelou speak was incredible. I think I gained more from the hour and a half of hearing her speak than all the years I have spent in various therapy sessions about self confidence, self respect and how to honorably remember the women you may have lost in your life. That alone was worth the drive up here.

After the talk we walked to Akbar and had some great Indian food, ordered enormous beers, and ate some sort of Indian desert which resembled bread pudding. We had planned on hanging out and drinking a bit, but it turned more into just watching some tv and passing out. I was snuggled by the adorable Andy (Twenty's kitty), and woke up ridiculously early. I am never able to sleep late, and it's even more problematic when I'm not at home. Looking forward to a possible nap this afternoon before heading to Ryan's Daughter for dinner.
I bombarded Twenty at about 7:30 for our venture into DC. Sticky Fingers, as expected, was amazing. RAR came with us and we met up with an old friend... it's nice that on top of getting to spend the weekend with Twenty, I've been able to see several people. After gorging ourselves on their wonderul pastries we dropped RAR off and stopped in Hampden at Sugar, which was a very educational visit, to say the least!
I'm now lazing about, looking forward to the debauchery that will ensue later!

1 comment:

r.a.r. said...

jealous that you guys ended up at Sugar...though i did pay a visit to the bondage/S&M shop this afternoon