Friday, March 6, 2009

Ode to KHT

This weekend will be wonderful. I can feel it, and I love that feeling. The start of something long anticipated, with people you really love. Coming into Baltimore on the light rail (something I've never done) was fantastic -- it gave me a little bit of time to reflect, while reminding me why I love Baltimore : It's gritty. Real. Dirty. Eclectic. I'm ashamed to say I don't remember the last time I actually went out in Baltimore, it may have been this weekend last year, but I am excited to rectify that situation.

I've arrived a bit early (I'm obsessively early) and so I have a few minutes to pound around my keyboard before meeting an old friend for sushi, then heading on to hear Maya Angelou speak.

This whole weekend is brought to you in part by Twenty's birthday... Her 7th 21st birthday (Yes, you read that right, I think she's in denial)... because of this I'm going to take the time to dedicate this entry to her.

Twenty and I have known each other for at least a decade. She and I have been through more shit (there is no better word) in that time period than most people would think possible. We've shared secrets, told stories, grown together and have even "broken up" for a short period. My relationship with her has grown more than any single relationship I've had in my entire life. We've been through the heartbreak caused by unfaithful lovers, and the guilt caused when we were the heartbreakers. We have both been through major family changes, and major changes within ourselves. She is someone who I know that, without a single doubt, I can call on. It has taken us many years to form this bond, but I would never trade our past tribulations as they are what have made us know the extent of our loyalty and trust for one another. She is my sister in all senses of the word, and I am proud to have her as a friend.

Happy Birthday and, as always, I wish you only the best.

Now let's get our drink on ;) !!

1 comment:

Kris said...

oh my word bff you made me cry at work!!! you're the best bday present ever.